Sunday, October 7, 2007

Oh Sunday Afternoon...

Well the weekend is just about over and I have a major case of the blahs. Hey, it's my blog I should at least be honest right? I'm tired, and I think my system is just finished with the way I've been treating it. Staying up too late, moping around the house, unhappy with anything I try to put on the the page. I just feel a little stuck in my head.

I think it's definitely an art journal day. I did two (yes only two) layouts with the October Kit. It's not the kit's fault, haha, just that I can't seem to merge what I want to create with what comes out on the page.

This is the first one I did and I really love it. I completed it Thursday and it says exactly what I want to to. I sat Thursday morning out on the swing on the lanai just telling myself over and over again that every single day is a gift and a chance to start over, make it into whatever we want it to be.


But then this layout came out. And it's messy, ugly, and exactly how I started feeling Friday. The letter inside to Joseph is important, and not negative in any way, but the ugliness of the design I guess was just something I had to push through in order to GET to the letter.



But anyway ... I'm really ready to let go of some of the icky-ness that I feel today. I really think it's a physical/emotional thing. I have been staying up way too late, eating at weird times, and just overall keeping myself in a funk.

It's so funny too because I took all day yesterday to just get out of the house and go clearance shopping and to some craft stores. Not necessarily to buy stuff just to get out and moving. Well, I found the coolest stuff at Target all on clearance and today I can't take one good picture of ANY of it. It's like my creative side is saying... uh uh, no way. Get yourself out of the funk and THEN you can take pretty pictures. I guess my art isn't letting me hide behind pretty colors, flowers, and patterns anymore. Sweet.

(BTW... sorry for the downer post. There's more I want to blog about today but I felt like I had to get this nonsense out of my system first. Now I'm off to clean up a mess and start today over!)

No comments: