Monday, November 12, 2007

A very good weekend!

Happy Monday!

How is everyone today?

Joey and I had a really good weekend. Saturday we took a little trip down to Olde Naples to see what was happening in Cambier Park. There was a Art & Craft show going on but it was mostly Florida stuff. It wasn't the big crafts show where exhibitors come from all over. I really need to find out when that is because last time we went there were some really cool finds - like The 3 Sisters Design Co. who make domino and bottle cap jewelry. Very cool.

So after checking out the art show we headed over to Tin City. I'd never been there and wanted to see what it was like. It was very Florida Kitsch-y but fun to look at. You know, a lot of purple hat stuff, alligator heads made into beer koozies, indian stuff, fishing stuff, and more imported shells than I've ever seen. We went to lunch at a fish place on the dock and just had fun being together and laughing.

I did get a chance to take some fun portraits of my hubby. He's so hot! My favorite part of Tin City was all of the colors! Windows with bright green and yellow framing and bright blue walls. Too fun...



And then he wanted to take a few of me too. Which I rarely let him do since he's single frame impaired! But he actually got a few nice ones...



So that was our Saturday. I took Saturday night to clean up my studio and start putting away the mess that's taken over my dining room table. Sunday we shot our second-to-last wedding at the Ritz. It was really nice but I'm so glad we are almost out of weddings for good. Our last one is in March when we come back for Joe's Mom's birthday so we don't have to think about them anymore for a long time!

Saturday I got my latest order from AMM. I got the new CI be. dimensions. They are so cool! I got some new KI stuff and Maya Road Chipboard Birds. I have so many fun things to play with and as soon as I'm done cleaning this afternoon I'm diving in. I've been in a bit of a rut lately so I'm hoping that I'll be able to just relax and create!

I'll be back around later to post some new graphic designers and typographers I've been oogling over lately! And be sure to check out my Book Review of Journal Revolution on the AMM message board, these books rock and if you don't have them yet you have to get them!

{hugs}

2 comments:

Gabrielle said...

What a great weekend! The Art Show and eating on the dock sounds GREAT!

Love the photos! You guys are cutie patooties! :)

I'm going to go check out your reveiw on AMM now....

Linda Woods said...

You both look HOT!
:)