Thursday, April 19, 2012

a little body work...


makes a much happier little whale!




baby whale squishie + noise maker
approx. 8" from tip to tail
Alpaca Love, Stitch Nation by Debbie Stoller (Red Heart)
color: Lake
Acrylic Baby Safe Crocheted Eyes

when little miss and i returned home from our easter trip all i could see was my failed "torpedo" whale staring at me from the shelf. i could hear him yelling "fix me" "fix me" and i swear he was giving me dirty looks. i knew i couldn't just leave him how he was and made it my first priority to give him a little cosmetic surgery.

i'm so happy with what i came up with. i shortened up his body and tail and added little flippers. i also gave him a shaker. and finally his little personality truly came out... he reminds me of the little sea turtle kids from finding nemo. he's happy, squishy, fun to shake, and loves to swim fast through the sea playing and keeping up after his momma. ♥  

ok. maybe i get a little too carried away with these little cuties as i'm finishing them.

there is a lot going on in the next few days and a big week coming up here on the blog. i'm really excited to be participating in the 3rd Annual Knitting and Crochet Blog Week hosted by Ekimimi Makes. i've been preparing some great posts and this weekend my husband and i are going to be creating our first project together for 'the art of everyday'. 

i can't wait to see how it all turns out... it's hard to explain just how happy and excited i was when i pitched him my idea and he jumped on board right away. i know he's my husband, and he like, should be supportive and all. but asking him to take on a project during his free-time seemed like a huge deal to me. he works so hard for us all week (and some weekends too) that i always try to protect his daddy-time. i do think this is going to be a really good experience for us... but now i'm shutting up before i start blabbing out all of the details. 

love.

p.s. if you love my little baby whale squishie and can't wait for my etsy shop opening this summer please feel free to contact me at theartofeverydayshop(at)gmail.com. i can take on a limited number of custom orders before the official store goes up so let's chat!



No comments: