Wednesday, April 11, 2012

thrifted + gifted. part one.









hello friends.
today and tomorrow i will be sharing some of the lovelies that will be traveling home with me. i feel so blessed to have been gifted some crafty heirlooms that are now being passed down through three generations of crocheters.

these two sheet sets were given to me by my grandmother and at least one set was my great grandmother's. i think i'll be using them awhile before making anything with them because they are so pretty and in impeccable condition.

i spent tuesday traveling around "the region" getting a handle on the good thrift stores in the area... while i didn't buy a whole lot i did find some great places that will be visited again on my next trips. i was able to pick up several books for little miss including two amazingly illustrated weekly readers from 1976 (flutterby is the sweetest little winged pony)... and i found an awesome "grab box" of knitting things for $4 that was packed with needles and these great UK magazines from the early 80s.

the hooks we also gifted to me from my grandmother... they are a few different brands and styles of hook so i'm looking forward to working with them.

that's all for now but there is lots more to share tomorrow. we've had a great trip but are looking forward to getting home to daddy. i'm also looking forward to getting back to work and starting on some new projects... more crocheted critters are popping up in my sketch book and asking to be stitched up into existence!

love.

No comments: