Due to the growth at A Million Memories - we are looking for three new design team members!
If you're interested in designing for AMM, please read the information below. We are accepting applications now through September 30, 2007. We will announce the three new designers once they have been contacted and have accepted their posts.
The design team position is a commitment through March 31, 2008.
We are looking for three energetic, outgoing, talented, versatile and creative individuals who are team players for the term October, 2007 through March 31, 2008. Strong photography, digital scrapbooking and class experience is a plus, but not required.
Interested applicants must register and post on the message boards at AMM during the DT call. We want to get to know you and we want you to get to know us and our community. Your design team experience at AMM will require daily activity on our boards.
We keep our Design Team Members busy with all sorts of activities, i.e., monthly kits, manufacturer kits, newsletter, message boards, chats, classes, etc., so when considering whether you would like to apply for the DT position, please take into consideration the amount of time that will be required to fulfill your DT requirements.
Submit 2 new (not previously posted or published) original LO's and at least one altered item. LO's can be 8.5x11 or 12x12. Altered items are considered anything that is not a page.
All submissions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The commitment to A Million Memories’ design team is exclusive. Our designers cannot hold design team positions with any competing kit club. Manufacturer design team appointments and teaching at your LSS are acceptable.
*Consistent and frequent message board participation is required.
*DT members are required to post at least four items per kit - 2-4 layouts, the altered item included in the kit (if there is one), and a card.
*Complete manufacturer sponsorship projects
*Part of your job will be to advertise the kit club and store and not competing businesses.
*Actively participate in a monthly newsletter and blog posts.
*Actively participate in challenges, organizing contests and vendor advertising.
*Promote AMM whenever possible. Example, if you have a blog, there should be a link to AMM. We will in turn post your blog on our blog.
WHAT DO OUR DESIGNERS RECEIVE?
*Our designers are given a free kit every other month containing the industry's latest and greatest products, plus extra supplemental products as compensation.
*Special sponsored manufacturer's kits every 3-6 weeks. A link to your projects is sent directly to the sponsored manufacturers by AMM. This will give you exposure directly to manufacturers.
*Product discounts (more detail will be provided to those who are selected for the team).
*Free product for special limited edition kits that you may (on occasion) design yourself from items in our store.
*Free product for special class kits that you will design yourself.
*Miscellaneous perks - free passes to CHA, opportunity to design with our kits, etc.
We have some exciting plans for 2007 and 2008 which will bring a lot of exposure to AMM and consequently, to our designers.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED YOU NEED TO:
E-mail the following information to email@example.com with:
• Name, mailing address, phone number and e-mail address (if different than the one you are sending the email from)
• Links to other online galleries that show your work (as well as your screen name)
• Link to your blog, if you have one
• A bio of yourself
• 2 new (not previously posted or published) original LO's and at least one altered item. LO's can be 8.5x11 or 12x12. Altered items are considered anything that is not a page.
Include the answers to the following questions in your email:
1) Why are you interested in a DT position with AMM?
2) Site commitment and participation: We'd like to know your thoughts regarding the message board and site participation. We are looking for designers who are team players and are committed to being involved and posting daily on our message board. We'd love to see how you would go about increasing general participation on our message board.
3) Have you ever designed for another website/company? If so, who?
4) Are you currently designing for another website/Company? If so, who?
5) Are you active on any message boards? Which ones? (please provide a few links to your posts and your user name)
6) How long have you been scrapbooking?
Note: None of the answers to the above questions will effect your chances of being on the Design Team . . .we are just curious. ; )
If you have any comments or questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or check out the DT Callout thread at the AMM Message Board: here!
Good Luck to everyone who applies. I can't wait to see who joins out team!