Wednesday, July 23, 2008

sweet home chicago.

well i'm stuck...


it's 8:12 and i was supposed to be in the air about 30 minutes ago. they said 10:15 but it seems as thought they are running about an hour behind that. so at some point tomorrow morning i'll be back in JC. but i got my domino + a nice big bag of m&m's + a diet coke + internet... so i'm not stressing and am just going with the flow (which goes nicely with my "go with the flow" personality right mom, lol).....

it was so good being back home for a few days. i wish i could stay longer but i'm also anxious to get home and get back to work. i have a new position at anthro waiting for me, lots of work in my studio calling me, and lots of planning for the portraitbug grand opening.

plus... i miss my joey! he did such an awesome job while i was gone, kept the house clean AND GAVE BOTH DOGS A BATH!! or at least he said he kept the house clean and i totally trust him, lol. one thing i decided while i was away from joe this time was that we totally have to institute a planned date night, otherwise we are just too lazy about going places together... and after seeing dark knight with my parents this week i am so in the mood to get back into the theatre and go movie crazy again. i used to be so good about seeing all the new releases, but cruise ships made me dvd lazy.

speaking of dark knight....


omg was it an amazing movie. bale was hot, always is. my heart still goes all fluttery for him whenever i think of him in little women. but heath ledger was just amazing. it made his death an even HUGER shame because this movie so deserved a sequel with even more more more joker. and how i could still find him totally hot under all those scars and makeup don't ask me, i'm weird.

since i have a ton of time i thought i'd check out some of my favorite blogs and i've found some amazingly cool stuff....

first off at cha we ordered just about everything maya road and i am so inspired by some of the cute cute things they did with their stamps and fabric. check out these cutie little owls...

and this cupcake is so darn adorable as well...


i'm not sure what's up with me and my desire to play with anything fabric lately. it's not like i've been very pro-active in getting my machine transported from nwi to jc but i think it's definately time. check out the project that went up today on design sponge (totally an awesome and amaazing blog btw, you should be reading it every single day)...


fabric friendly inks? i didn't even know there was such a thing.... but i WANT them. in fact dare i say i NEED!

i don't even know where to begin with all the goodness being posted on print + pattern... bowie has been posting all of the pics from paris and everything is amazing. makes me want to go on a big design trip with my mom and some of my girls.

and now for a little 6 degrees, well 4 degrees....

so on decor 8 i found design freebies and from there i found nanibird and these....





i can't wait to download these little guys and put them together when i get home. maybe i'll even figure out how to design my own little nanibird.

well i think that's all the goodies i have right now. it's starting to get exhausted but it looks like the first flights in cue are finally boarding. so it should only be a matter of time before i get on the big metal bird and head back to jc via long island.

i hope everyone has a great night!



No comments: