Saturday, November 12, 2011

birthday bangs.



hello friends. next week is my birthday and today my besties took me out for a little birthday shopping trip.  while we were out i decided it was finally time to get my bangs cut and my hair trimmed a little. i've been growing my hair out for almost two years now and want to keep it going (if you are new to the blog or don't remember how short it was you can get a refresher here..)


my little walk-in appointment is going to be the last time i go in to have someone cut my hair for a very long time. i'm happy with the trim up but i could not get the stylist to cut my bangs how i wanted them. she cut a tiny side bang when what i really wanted was a nice full bang... and after asking her to cut them shorter 3 times i gave up.  so when we got home i took out my trusty cutter bee's and took matters into my own hands... and i have to tell you i'm in love! i haven't been this happy with my hairstyle in a super long time!



(disclaimer: i'm NOT advocating cutting your hair with crafting scissors, even if they are awesome. for future bang trimming i will be purchasing real shears.)

i've been researching DIY haircuts for awhile. i've had my mind up to get bangs one way or another for awhile now and since i tend not to have amazing experiences with salons (unless i'm getting everything chopped off) learning to cut them myself has been a major desire. if you're interesting in trying to cut your own hair you should check out you tube and do some searches. there are a ton of really great videos to help you get on the right track. i suggest watching several until you are really confortable with it!


along with some new threads i got a new pair of Minnetonka's while we were out...



so comfy. all in all it was a beautiful saturday out with my two favorite people!


i hope everyone is having a great weekend... i'm off to cuddle with my little family as joey plays acoustic and little miss circle dances around us. happy days!


love.


outfit:
shirt: day trip
cardigan: merona (target)
jeans: h&m
moccasins: minnetonka
necklace: anthropologie

4 comments:

Sincerely, Kinsey said...

Cute mocs ;) Thank you for the sweet comment, it was very encouraging. :) Hope you're weekend is wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Love it! The hair and the outfit!

Unknown said...

thanks guys!

Stevie Leigh said...

Love your mustard sweater! Great blog, girl!